From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1992 19:40:54 EDT
> Beagan may have gotten the NCAA's BLESSING, but he hasn't gotten
> the NCAA's APPROVAL yet. Rumor has it that the NCAA will give the
> league approval today (the rules people are talking about it this
> morning), but the league might only use the 2/2 system for a few
> games and use the 2/1 for the majority of them.
>
> It would make sense to try out the 2/2 system with some of the early
> CCHA games against Canadian schools.

All I have to say is that I hope they don't try to use the 2/2 system at the
Ice Rink here in Columbus.  That place is already small enough without having
to deal with a fourth referee all the time.  OSU opens with Toronto this
Saturday. Their home opener is 3 weeks from Friday against...Lake Superior.
LSSU may be looking for a little revenge from their last visit to the Ice Rink
where OSU pummelled them in two straight, 7-4 and 8-2, becoming the last team
to defeat the Lakers before their march to the national title.

--
Dave [log in to unmask]
Cornell '91 OSU Med '95