Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 11:13:09 EST
Yesterday near the end of her talk show on ESPN radio the "Fabulous
Sports Babe" was asked who she thought would win the "hockey final
four"...without missing a beat she said: The Maine Black Bears.
After answering the caller's other question which was irrelevant,
she then said that she had received some fan mail from "some guys
up at UMaine" (apparently players) who had asked for the "Kiss
of Luck" which she granted.  So we may as well cancel the tournament
and just ship the trophy to Orono......well...maybe not.

This morning's Portland Press Herald featured a story about Thursday's
matchup between Maine and Michigan (I predict UM will win :-> )
with some stats and a quote from Walsh indicating that Michigan '95
is a lot like Maine '93.  Unfortunately, being the PPH, they didn't
offer a whole lot of info or tell us anything we didn't already know;
but since the PPH is the only paper that prints anything I write,
I guess I can't be too hard on them  :->  Like Maine in 1993, Michigan
is the best offensive team (although more than a goal a game behind our
pace :-> ) and second best on defense.  Maine of course, is number 1.
However, this is the NC$$ tournament, so you can toss the stats and
should always be ready for the unexpected (Right Steve Shields?).
After all, on a team full of offensive powerhouses, who would have
expected a guy who had barely lit the lamp all season to beat one of
college hockey's best goalies in OT of the national semi-final.

Oh yes, in case no one noticed, the three teams which I "cursed" a few
weeks back all went on to win their conference tournaments.  No, please,
don't say "Thank you", just knowing that my support was enough to push
you over the top is satisfying enough...of course, if you feel so inclined,
you may send a thank you check, in the name of the John Forsyth College
Fund to me; I'll gladly give out my snail-mail address to those
people who are interested  :->

Thats all for now, here's hoping Maine makes it to the Championship Game
so I can listen to Joe Carr on the radio instead of Tom Mees on ESPN.

John Forsyth

"Newt Gingrich says we can fix society's problems by watching movies...
sounds like he should be working for Blockbuster instead of being
Speaker of the House."