EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:48:10 EDT
In a message dated 07/24/2000 3:18:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Is not any part of your response extraneous to the discussion of Pound?  If
 the answer to that question is "no," then I shall beg your pardon, and
 strive to follow your example of mind singularly focused on the pertinent
 issues.  If the answer is "yes, occasionally I have strayed from the topic",
 then I say, let us all be forgiving of each other, and permit one another
 any number of digressions.  After all, no serious harm could result from any
 response, however "extraneous" it might seem to another person.

now this is funny, because the inference that one draws from the above is
that you're only occasionally long-winded or extraneous, when it fact these
dubious qualities seem to me (and I'm not the only person who has made this
observation) to be intrinsic to your method...

jb...