EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Robert Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 23:40:17 -0500
Barry, just tell them:
Assistant Professor of Humanities at Valley City State University, VC, North Dakota
Taught Western Art, Literature, and History at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing
Two Projects underway:
     Anthology of the Egoist Periodical
     Book on Pound's Metaphysical Shift from West to East as a Requisite to His Creation of an Earthly Paradise

*and recently have been writing and speaking about the link between Confucius and Jeffersonian democracy. (Pound would like this)

**And can you send me a letter to the effect that I will be speaking? That way, I can get travel money from the university.  I would appreciate it, and look forward to seeing you in Chicago. Robert K

>>> barry ahearn <[log in to unmask]> 11/06 1:39 AM >>>
Dear List Readers,

Thanks to all who sent in suggestions for the 1999 MLA Pound Society
sessions.  After careful consideration I have sent the following notice
to the editor of Paideuma for inclusion in the journal's Bulletin Board
section.

The Ezra Pound Society will offer two sessions at the 1999 Modern
Language Association convention in Chicago:  "Ezra Pound's Tribalisms"
and "Ezra Pound and Prosody."  Direct proposals for papers on the first
topic ("Tribalisms") to Barry Ahearn, English Dept., Tulane University,
New Orleans LA 70118.  Send proposals on the second topic ("Prosody") to
Demetres Tryphonopolous, English Dept., The University of New Brunswick,
P.O. Box 4400, Fredericton, N.B., Canada E3B 5A3.  The deadline is March
1, 1999.

Barry Ahearn