EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
William Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 07:47:50 -0400
Charles,

Thank you for your more considered answer to the problem, and I withdrawn my
previous statement or judgement. Sorry. However, as far as the connection
between Pound and Eisenstein is concerned, I am still convinced they are
kindred spirits. ... in the sense that both are "imagists" in Pound's
understanding of that concept. Both are concerned with invisible images, the
ones that form in the reader/viewer's mind in the process of prehending the
work.  I also believe that this is the essence of modernism... Art is what
you leave out. Of course, one could argue that Eisenstein leaves in too
much... but at his best he is employing the smake kind of poetic sensibility
we find in the best of Pound.

Again, please acccept my sincerest apology.

Billy Marshall Stoneking