DAILY-ASTRONOMER Archives

Daily doses of information related to astronomy, including physics,

DAILY-ASTRONOMER@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Edward Gleason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward Gleason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2017 09:38:22 -0400
PLANET EARTH DAY!
 A planetarium event aimed at Earth-lovers and binge watchers!   Join
us on July 1st for a day long event that will take us from the depths
of the oceans, to the upper reaches of atmosphere.  Explore the
world's natural history.   Learn how life evolved on Earth.  Explore
the cities!   Admire the aurora. See the Earth quake and even spend
time with dinosaurs.

PLANET EARTH DAY delves into the many spheres of our complex and dynamic world.

We invite you to experience the whole world in one day!

One Earth pass will allow you to attend any or all of the shows!

An adult Earth pass:    $10.00
A child/senior Earth pass:    $8.00

10:00 a.m. Chronicle of a Journey to Earth

10:45 a.m. Life: a Cosmic Story

11:30 a.m. Earthquake: Evidence of the Restless Planet

12:00 p.m. Night Sky Tour

12:30 p.m. Bella Gaia: The Beautiful Earth

1:00 p.m. Dinosaurs at Dusk!

2:00 p.m. Into the Deep

3:00 p.m. Fragile Planet: Earth's Place in the Universe

3:45 p.m. Habitat Earth: Living in a Connected World

4:30 p.m.  Life: a Cosmic Story

5:00 - 6:00 p.m. BREAK

6:00 p.m. Natural Selection!

7:00 p.m. Earthquake: Evidence of the Restless Planet

7:30 p.m. Fragile Planet: Earth's Place in the Universe

8:00 p.m. Beyond the Arctic Circle

8:20 p.m.  Aurora Storm!

8:40 p.m. Night Sky tour