ACTEM-INTEGRATORS Archives

ACTEM Integrators

ACTEM-INTEGRATORS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Carl Bucciantini <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACTEM Integrators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2018 09:59:45 -0400
The Auburn School Department is once again pleased to offer its Leveraging Learning: the iPad in Elementary Grades Conference to educators who use iPad in grades K-6. With this year’s theme, Beyond the Apps 2.0 - Knowledge to Application, the focus is on sessions designed around effective classroom models of iPad use that do two things: support learners in gaining control over content and asking learners to apply what they have learned to accomplish meaningful tasks.

This year's dates are November 8 & 9 and is once again taking place at the Hilton Garden Inn Riverwatch Auburn Hotel in Auburn, ME. Registration includes all conference materials, access to the iTunesU Course, as well as breakfast and lunch on both days. EarlyBird pricing is $325. until Sept. 7, after which the fee will be $375.00.

Here's a glimpse at a few of this year's offerings:
Session Title: Computational Thinking Through Code
Common Classroom Challenge: How can we foster computational thinking, engagement and problem solving for elementary students to support 21st century learning?
Session Title: Pixel Art & Animation with Piskel
Common Classroom Challenge: How can we give students more tools within the multitude of choices to express a narrative or creative impulse they have?
Session Title: Valuing People over Programs: Creating Change in the Digital Age
Common Classroom Challenge: How can we make sure that the soft skills of empathy, critical thinking, problem solving, listening/speaking, etc. are the equals of the technology skills in our classroom?
Session Title: Through the Parent Lens - "iPad in My Child’s Classroom”
Common Classroom Challenge: How can we better engage parents in the increasing use of technology in classrooms?
Session Title: Shaping Original Images
Common Classroom Challenge: How can we support students in moving away from grabbing images off the web to creating original images to illustrate their work?

We'll also offer the ever popular Virtual Classroom Visits and we have Oregon-based Apple Distinguished Educator Jake Lee (www.teachingjake.com <http://www.teachingjake.com/>) joining us to present two sessions and the closing Keynote presentation.

We'll have a total of 21 unique sessions for participants to choose from!

Registration is limited to 100 participants, so don't hesitate for too long!

For more information or to submit your registration, go to: http://institute2018.auburnschl.edu <http://institute2018.auburnschl.edu/>

Questions regarding the conference may be sent to: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Feel free to pass this information along to colleagues!

Thanks!

Carl

Carl Bucciantini,
Leveraging Learning Planning Coordinator