ACTEM-INTEGRATORS Archives

ACTEM Integrators

ACTEM-INTEGRATORS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Shawn Kimball <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACTEM Integrators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2019 00:04:45 -0400
I miss being more active in this wonderful group. My primary teaching load
for 2019-20 will be Code.org's Computer Science Discoveries for incoming
9th graders. Within that course I will initiate some "Freshman Academy"
community building, bullying, mental health, internet safety, and STEM
introduction. I will use the EverFi online resources and group discussions/
reflection to build common understandings and model/practice open
communication.

If any of you have quality resources to share related to these
topic, please let me know.

I will continue to have a couple sections of Science 9 Earth and
Environmental Science.

Also, if anyone has any good resources or lessons/methods/rules to help
students disconnect from their phones during the school day, please let me
know. Our school is struggling with this issue currently.

Thanks in advance!

Glad to become more involved with this listserv again.

Shawn Kimball
Hampden Academy