ACTEM-INTEGRATORS Archives

ACTEM Integrators

ACTEM-INTEGRATORS@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Gary Lanoie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACTEM Integrators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 08:17:31 -0500
*The Maine Teacher of the Year program
<https://www.mainetoy.org/nominate> is committed to a nomination and
selection process that ensures people of all backgrounds are
represented. Educate Maine <https://www.educatemaine.org/> and the Maine
Department of Education <https://www.maine.gov/doe/about> champion that
commitment by encouraging the nomination of educators from all culturally
diverse experiences and backgrounds.  *

We know that in every school in our state, there are teachers who exemplify
the best of their profession and deserve honor and recognition for their
outstanding efforts on behalf of Maine students…. especially this
year.  Moreover,
these teachers are natural ambassadors for the profession and advocates for
their students.

Now is the time to give those teachers the recognition they deserve! We are
accepting nominations for the *2021 Maine County Teachers of the Year*
through *February 5, 2021*. *You* have the opportunity to nominate
teachers - those who truly make a difference for students.  The Maine
Teacher of the Year program includes the selection of 16 County Teachers of
the Year – one of whom will be selected as the *2022* *Maine Teacher of the
Year. *

*Nominate a teacher here*
<https://educatemaine.wufoo.com/forms/r1j4ry7j09it0gv/> using our
user-friendly form.  *Nominations close on February 5, 2021 at 5 p.m.*

Districts participating in the Teacher of the Year Program have reported a
positive impact on the entire community. Recognizing outstanding teachers
establishes a culture that rewards excellence in teaching, gives the
community a sense of pride in its teachers, and showcases teachers as
positive role models. Beyond celebrating the individual, the program is
building a growing network of teacher leaders who are committed to
improving student achievement, highlighting innovations in education and
serving as ambassadors for the profession.

We have an open nomination process.  Teachers may be nominated by a
student/parent, colleague, administrator, district committee or community
member.  To be considered for the award and continue on with the Teacher of
the Year process, teacher candidates must be endorsed by their principal.

The *2021* *County Teachers of the Year *will be announced at a State House
Hall of Flags ceremony (hopefully) or virtually as we did last year, in May
and the *2022* *Maine Teacher of the Year* announcement is in fall.  Please
be part of the celebrations supporting Maine teachers.  Let’s make this the
“year of the teacher”!

If you have questions, please contact me.   And for your listening pleasure
here is *Foo Fighters, David Grohl, honoring the **#UnshakableTeachers
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_bQ9nzt9Xo> during his performance at the
Inauguration2021. *

Sincerely,

Dolly Sullivan,

Program Director, Educate
Maine

207-631-3385|

*The Maine Teacher of the Year program is administered by Educate Maine in
partnership with the Maine Department of Education and supported by our
program partners:  Maine State Board of Education and Maine State Teachers
of the Year Association.  *
*The program is funded by Maine businesses:  Bangor Savings Bank (lead
funder), Dead River, Geiger, Hannaford, Maine Lottery, Unum and with a
generous grant from the Silvernail family*

Gary Lanoie, Executive Director
ACTEM - The Association of Computer Technology Educators of Maine
P.O. Box 187, Gorham, ME 04038
Phone: (207) 222-4353    FAX:  (207) 222-2057     Email:  [log in to unmask]
*SAVE THE DATE * *• * *ACTEM 2021 Spring Leadership Conference  **•  May 4,
2021*