EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 11:46:57 -0800
G' Mornin--

bob scheetz wrote:

> contrariwise, the world we inhabit with ep is the wasteland,
> ...a death-o-god world that nihil-ates all value
> down to the crassest materialist scrimmage.
> so there's no moral high ground
> whence to melodramatically hurl the ole "j'accuse"..., eh?
> and name calling, the general currency of vile epithets
> ...hip-hop lyrics bout muthafuckas, hoes, bubbas, niggas,...
> seems just about right,
> most meaningfully to  mirror our world.
> ...only consider the recent epiphany of our tabacco road
> narcissit prez and his cocksucker courtiers
> bombing nazi serbia back to the third world
> (still wait'n to see all those mass graves)
> in order to tidy up a strategic frontier of the g7 imperium
> under the iron exigencies of the brahmin caste of greenspans...?
>
> this is the wasteland, the vortex of moral grotesqueries
> in which the poet was/is trying to discern signifying shapes.
> not the world of arnoldian sweetness & lite,
> not the consumerist lotus-land of suburban pc merka.

BRAVO !!!!!!
...and poor ol' Ez , being just a bit brighter than myself [cough], would
have felt so entirely out of place in a world of sheeple that his
progression to what seemed to be "alternative systems" was natural --
and, perhaps, even correct !?

...my opinion.

ever yours,
from within a community of sheeple,