From:
William Corrigan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Corrigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 14:39:58 -0400
Ed Moller wrote:

"I cannot forget, nor can I forgive, the behavior of certain Gopher
participants in the 1976 Frozen Four. It was gruesome and shameful.
Here's hoping that all of that has changed."

Ed -

No need to elaborate on the above paragraph.  I was also at D.U. Arena
with Brown that year and I remember well what could only have been
premeditated goon (read Russ Anderson) tactics by then-Gopher Coach Herb
Brooks to get Terrier Captain and All-America Terry Meagher off the ice
(successfully, as it turned out, after little more than two minutes of
play, for the remainder of the game).

I never thought of Herb Brooks or the Gophers' 1976 "All-American Team"
with the same regard again -- even after Brooks' sainthood as the 1980
U.S. Olympic coach.

There was an upside to the tournament however.  After the Bears lost a
heartbreaker in the first semi, (7-6 in double overtime to Mike Zuke and
the Michigan Tech Huskies), we met the Terriers in the conso and nipped
them in another shootout, 8-7, for the 3rd place trophy.  Ah, those were
the days!

Bill Corrigan

LET'S GO BRUNO!