From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 17:20:27 -0400
During the game as a whole, there was plenty of end to end action.  During
the power plays there were plenty of exciting scoring chances (and great
goaltending!), and plenty of excitement, but not so much end to end.

We don't know what the game would have been like if the game had been called
differently.  Perhaps it would have been chippy and clutch and grab.  I
don't think so.  I think it's more likely that there would have gotten even
more end to end than there was.  As many scoring chances?  Maybe not.  More
exciting?  Well, that could be a matter of taste.

Without a doubt Saturday was an exciting game, and I don't mean to say
otherwise.  Two days before (BC/Maine) and the Saturday before
(Michigan/UNH) were also exciting games, and if I had to pick the style and
flow of one, I'd pick Michigan/UNH, or the Maine/BC semifinal.

Clay