ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jason Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:32:10 -0400
Let's all stop talking about the three UNH players who were arrested for
criminal trespass.  If you know anything about law enforcement, "criminal
trespass" is the hockey equivelant of "skate in the crease", and I know how
all of us Maine fans feel about that rule after Anaheim.  Criminal trespass
is what the police charge you with when they find you somewhere you don't
belong and can't find any other reason to arrest you.  It's about the most
minor thing you can be arrested for.  Maybe the NCAA will find reason to
suspend the players or anull games, maybe not.  Who cares?  We won!  Great
competition is what a great team is measured against.  Lack of worthy
competition is a dangerous condition, just ask North Dakota.
Lets all focus on making the Maine hockey image more positive instead of
trying to tarnish a worthy competitor's image.  That's the NCAA's job.

On another note:
How good is this red-shirt Tommy Riemann?
And where does Kariya(superscript: 3 )fit on the Steve-Paul scale?