From:
Andy Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:32:06 -0500
At 05:11 PM 3/24/02 -0500, Deron Treadwell wrote:
>Oh well, a western linesman called Maine for icing late in the Maine/BU game
>when the Maine player was several FEET over the red-line.
>
>What was particually irritating is that his cohorts didn't overrule him and
>face it off at neutral ice.  Instead, BU got an offensive zone face off down
>1 goal late.

I actually thought this was the correct call, believe it or not. Maine
still had a player in the offensive zone when the puck was shot in. It
crossed the goal line before the Maine player could get out of the zone.
Thus, I think the call was an intentional offsides, which is why the
faceoff was in the Maine zone.

-Andy