From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 09:32:52 -0500
> Emphasize the penalty for diving and unanimously support less facial
> protection ... real good NCAA ice hockey rules committee.

The coaches have regularly and unanimously voted to get rid of the full
shield ... I remember when this topic came up at the 1997 Final Four at Jack
Parker was vehement about his disapproval of the full shield.

The coaches contend the full shield has done much more to cause injury than
prevent it, because players are more reckless. It's a complicated issue.

AW