From:
Rich Selin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rich Selin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:33:49 CDT
 > Ah,  with great pleasure, I knew we were in for a treat when I saw Mike
 > Noeth's name listed as the man in charge for the national championship
 > game.
 >
 > Mike likes to let everyone know he is in charge,  and sure is eager to
 > blow that whistle. I felt many of his calls were non-calls, and he
 > should have taken a cue from the officiating at the basket ball final
 > four, where the game was decided by the players, not by the officials.
 >
 >  All you other complainers about officiating will now understand what we
 > ECAC fans do,
 > it is a joyful experience watching Noeth ref 10 games a year, knowing
 > you have no idea where he will take the game.

Is this the same guy who reffed the Michigan State/CC game on Saturday in
Madison?  He decided the outcome of that game by giving State a power play
with only a 2 or 3 minutes remaining in the game.  That was the back-breaker
for CC.  He sure didn't put his whistle away in the third period there.
Ah, the WCHA stricken by an ECAC ref again!!

They should have used Thursday's WCHA crew for the national game.

Rich