From:
Indulis R Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Indulis R Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 00:10:32 -0600
On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Debbie Somers wrote:

> >From US College Hockey Online
>
> Friday, March 05, 1999

snip

> WCHA
>
> Wisconsin  6  at  Minnesota  4 ... This is Wisconsin's first victory against
> Minnesota at the new Mariucci (1992)

Tonight's trivia question on the MSC broadcast of the MN-WI game was:

In which 2 Minnesota arenas do the Badgers have a winning record against
the Gophers?

[I'll hum the Final Jeopardy theme song while I add spoiler space for
those who are playing along at home]

doo

doo

doo

doo

doo

doo

doo

doo

OK, the answer is the St Paul Civic Center (which no longer exists), and
the DECC (aka Duluth Arena) where the Badgers beat the Gophs for the NCAA
title (in '78? '81?). My Capt. Morgan-addled brain doesn't remember the
details. Any help in filling in the memory gaps would be appreciated.

-Indy Rutks ([log in to unmask])