From:
Chris C Jakel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris C Jakel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 23:24:31 -0800
Thanks for the summary Erik, that corresponds with the battered plastic
cup in the back of my cupboard that says, "The truth in Duluth," on one
side, and a badger player busting through the backdoor on the other.  Now
that's a souvenir that actually helped me remember something!

Chris Jakel
Wisconsin '88
Binghamton University (?) '93

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999 14:15:15 -0600 Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>'81.  The Gophers had a powerhouse team, led by All-Americans Neal
>Broten and Steve Ulseth and should-have-been-All-American Aaron
>Broten.
>They breezed through the playoffs but laid an enormous egg in the
>final,
>losing 6-3 to Bob Johnson's "Back Door Badgers."  It still hurts to
>think about that one.  Uff da.
>
>This was back in the days of small-arena Phinal Phours.  Capacity of
>the
>DECC is 5,400.
>
>-- Erik
>
>HOCKEY-L is for discussion of college ice hockey;  send information
>[log in to unmask], The College Hockey Information List.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]