Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 07:11:13 -0600
Lydia Thomas wrote:

>    And now on to your second point. As much as I and many others dislike
> Jason Blake, I have to say that Abrahamson is no angle....Jason should
> have got a penalty, he should have gotten a major even but I say Bretts
> hand....no blood no cut no nothing just a lot of whining...sure it hurt
> but honestly....he must have learned that routine he did from Blake
> himeself...
>   anyway just wanted to tell you things here could be a lot worse and
> everyone out there throws something.  It just in good fun....Down with
> garbage though...

This is the second time you have essentially equated Jason Blake's slash and
Brett Abrahamson's reaction to it.  They are not even remotely comparable.  One
was one of the most vicious slashes I have ever seen; the other was perhaps a
verbal overreaction, unlikely to do anyone any harm.  The, "Yeah, it was a slash,
but Abrahamson sure whined a lot about it," borders on the obscene.  Combined
with the ongoing defense of throwing things on the ice coming out of North Dakota
implies a level of moral obtuseness that I find dismaying.  Just because it gets
the crowd going doesn't mean it's okay, and there is a very clear line between
heckling the opposition and throwing things on the ice; one involves a physical
intervention and one does not.  It's a big difference.  I've decided to never
vacation in Grand Forks; whatever you people have might be contagious.

J. Michael Neal