From:
"E. Shaw" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 22:16:42 EST
>Colorado College 1, Wisconsin 0 4ot (WCHA)
Longest game in NCAA Men's Ice Hockey History<

Randy you beat me to it!
i HAVE to second that notion...even the part about the National Championship
game in '96....i have yet to see a better NHL game (with perhaps the exception
of the Dallas Stars beating the New Jersey Devils in OT after being behind the
whole game...that was a great game, but that is not for college hockey
discussion).  but i, too, was not at the game.
but i was at the longest game in college history, and that, hands down, is the
best game i have ever been at.  that was something...one o'clock in the
morning....the fans all on their feet...the players barely on their
feet....the goaltenders on their heads....wow, that was great.  my head still
spins....that's something i can tell my grandkids about! (second to "we lost
the national championship in OT my senior year in college after we had been in
last place and homeless and almost without a hockey program...")

sorry, my conscience getting away from me! but i have to comment, in good CC
form, about the throwing animals comment:
Nathan mentioned that it's not like the animals are killed to be thrown on the
ice.  Well, not to drive this into the ground, but my animal rights side has
to say something:  the difference is that those animals are feeding someone
and not being wasted by being thrown on the ice at a hockey game....granted,
it is much better than throwing live chickens from the balconies!  and i'm not
a vegetarian or a bleeding liberal....i just don't like to see the waste.
same goes for the trash that is thrown on the ice--but at least that
eventually gets to where it belongs, in the trash.  but i am not necessary
contrary to "good fan fun" in other respects (i admit to having thrown
tortillas at a Texas Tech football game when that was vogue, about five years
ago).