From:
Rebecca Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rebecca Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 11:43:23 -0500
Another lurker here, just had to jump in...

At 12:24 am -0500 7/12/97, olivia m. morgado wrote:

>Greenie wrote:
>>Used to be every game
>> at Walter Brown, you would hear at least 2 or 3 "BC Sucks" chants --
>> regardless of who was playing.
>
>I beg to differ -- I've been to almost every game since October 1996,
>and I have yet to not hear (or yell) "BC sucks!" at least 10 times
>during *any* game; although much has been said about the lack of campus
>unity here at BU, it's things like hockey (and such chants) that help
>bring us together.  Anyways, you can *definitely* count on hearing it
>after a Terrier goal, right in the middle of the fight song.

I wouldn't know about during the fight song -- being in the band, it's a
little hard to hear much of anything (except the trumpets -- I can hear the
trumpets *real* well.)  But we're actually not supposed to yell "BC Sucks"
-- to quote the handbook, "the band does not participate in
unsportsmanlike, derogatory, or profane activity."  So if you hear a faint
echo of "What they said!" after "BC sucks," rest easy, it's just the band...

>Also, when BU goes on the power play, the band plays a song to which the
>crowd responds "beat 'em up, beat 'em up, BC sucks!" (or -- especially
>in the Dog Pound -- "#$@% 'em up, #$@% 'em up, BC sucks!").

What you yell depends on who you are: the band yells "eat 'em up, eat 'em
up, go BU!" but a friend of mine told me they yelled "eat 'em up, chew 'em
up"... no one knows what it was originally.

>I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that "BC sucks!" is still
>very much alive, though personally, I haven't heard too many jabs at
>other schools; I don't think chants like "Maine sucks!" have quite the
>same ring to them.  :)

Everything else seems to be general... the "goalie-sieve" thing (or
"Sasquatch-sieve" until this year) and the "overrated" chant on occasion.

Of course, since the band has to be "nice" we try to find good things to
yell about the Terriers... listen carefully and you might hear Steve
yelling about the size of Poti's stick...

--Go Terriers!

        If you actually want me to _read_ an email, try rlmoss AT bu DOT edu