From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 10:55:06 -0500
Larry wrote, in part..
> Our colleges should not be free apprenticeships for NHL NFL or NBA majors.

Do you mean that colleges shouldn't give athletic scholarships or
something else?

U Maine has a program where the top scholars in the State of Maine are
given "free apprenticeships" for the industry of their choice.

As one that believes the college experience has value, I take some
pride that the experience over the past year or three or five has
helped mold those people and will, in varying degrees, be a part of
their future.

Yours in college hockey,
wayne