From:
Gerald Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 13:30:53 EST
In a message dated 2/19/98 1:06:36 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<
Arguably the dumbest move by Turco this year, and it shows the arrogance
of U-M players.  Hey, boys, THIS ISN'T 96-97, you lost 9 seniors.  AND
YOU HAVE LOST TO THE SPARTANS TWICE THIS YEAR ALREADY.  You think that
they would of learned.  Even though I think Turco is the 2nd best goalie
in the Nation, (behind Chad Alban), he has pulled the boner of his
college career.  Just goes to show unless you wave a wad of Franklins in
front of a U-M hockey player, IT JUST GOES IN ONE EAR AND OUT THE OTHER.

Pat
MSU 4, U-M 0

Pat,  I hardly think that Marty Turco skipping a some classes (I certainly
skipped my fair share) makes him arrogant.  I sense a seething jealousy or
hatred towards Wolverines, which I believe is clouding your judgment.  Say
what you will about Wolverines being arrogant, but don't call upon something
like this as some kind of 'proof'.

Furthermore, It's also clear that you're very proud of the fact that although
Michigan is in First Place in the CCHA and ahead of MSU in the pairwise
comparisons, MSU has won the first two meetings between the schools this year.
I suppose that's a fine accomplishment this year given the past performance of
MSU vs. Michigan.

All I'm really trying to convey is to try and tone down the high and mighty
comments and keep it to true hockey content.

IMO anyway,

Gerald