From:
"Jason W. Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 18:27:38 -0500
On Sun, 6 Apr 1997, Carol S White wrote:

> As people left the room, people were wishing each other a good summer.
> How very odd, that on this the day of the banquet it hardly felt like
> spring....being around 20 degrees, snowing with a strong west wind,
> dropping the wind chill below zero...that we should even be mentioning
> summer. How many days till the season starts again?
>
> -Carol
> GO GO Gophers!!!

---Well it even feels at lot less like summer up here in Winterpeg.....It
was just starting to get nice....+4 C  to  +8 C.....but then the blizzard
hit......56 cm of snow....the most ever dumped in a blizzard here and it
ran for 24 straight hours beating the old record of 23 hours....People
had to spend the night in Movie Theatres and at bars and
restaurants......I was at Hooter's  for my buddies birthday and would
have got to spend the night there but we left just before they shut the
roads down.......just my luck.....drifts were as high as 10 feet...and
people were trapped in there houses....my cousin came over on Saturday at
8:00 p.m. and he just got home Monday at noon....

---I better throw some hockey content in here......

Any word on the Rasmusen/Buffalo situation?.....I think Ras would be
there right now getting some games in if Buffalo were out of the
playoffs...They are a legitimate contender for the cup along with a 1/2
adozen other teams.....I suspect they will wait till after the playoffs
and to sign him...

       JASON ROY                   *     *                CBC's
 UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA             *   *         HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA
[log in to unmask]             * *         "The Tradition Continues"
         GO 21                        *
   GO TECH / GO CANADA               * *              Molson Canadian
        GO STARS                    *   *
      GO BILL BERG               ***     ***         The Tragically Hip
    A loose puck doesn't know who's....BigGeR, StRoNger, or DrAfTed hIgheR.
                       BUT IT KNOWS WHO GETS THERE FIRST.       (Bauer CANADA)