From:
"Terry P. Kasdan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry P. Kasdan
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 23:35:07 -0600
Suppose an engineering student at Michigan is offered a job at Intel
earning $1 million a year.  The job starts immediately and the student is
guaranteed (at least) a three year contract or $3 million (plus a generous
signing bonus).  What would you tell this student to do?

(First of all, this is more than the average American makes in a lifetime.
Secondly, if it works out this job could lead to a long and profitable
career.  If not, he or she can always go back to school and finish his or
her education.  Thirdly and most pressing, if he or she doesn't take the
job now, it may not be available in a year or two.  I would tell this
student to take the job NOW...)

           \\\\\///
           / ^   _ \
          ( (o) (o) )
|       Terry P. Kasdan        |          Visit my home page!           |
|  [log in to unmask]  | http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~t-kasdan |
| Master's Student / University of Illinois / Department of Advertising |
         .oooO   (   |
           \_)