From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 04:06:42 -0800
In an earlier message I said I would go composite-digging and try to
figure out how many games are settled in the 5-minute OT.

This is for the current season up to Dec. 28th.

Total number of games: 488       Total number of OT games: 62 (~1 game in 8)

6 of those OT games were in tournaments. I left those aside because it
can't easily be determined how long the games took.

That leaves us 56 OT games: (28 league and 28 non-league games, FWIW)

25/56 (44.6%) had winners. League games (12/28) and non-league games
(13/28) split almost exactly the same way.

I will try to do the previous year or two to see if this is the normal
pattern.

See you later,
John

John Edwards                       Minister of Chasing Wild Geese (DNRC)  O-
[log in to unmask]       Web page temporarily not with us.
   "Ah, love, the walks over soft grass, the smiles over candlelight,
          the arguments over everything else." - Max Headroom