Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 20:32:28 -0600
John Haeussler wrote:

> NICE TRY
> In the UM-MTU semifinal, the Huskies came out first prior
> to the second period.  The players beginning the second
> period entered the ice and the remaining players went
> immediately to the bench.  (This is now in the rulebook,
> right?)  Michigan came out and all 20 players took to the
> ice.  MTU head coach Tim Watters tried to get a penalty
> called, but the game referee (Adam from the WCHA) wasn't
> buying it.  The rest of the Huskies then poured off the bench
> and onto the ice for a pre-period skate.  Two questions:
> (1) Why wasn't this a penalty on Michigan?  (2) How often
> have you seen this called?

I believe that this is only a WCHA rule, not a NCAA one.  In a
non-conference game, I would hope that it wouldn'y be called.  Then
again, I would hope that it wouldn't be called in a WCHA game, either.

J. Michael Neal

P.S. Yes, I have changed e-mail address again.  All sorts of little
reasons, but I'm over here now.