From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 13:18:21 -0500
Jay Lau wrote, in part..
> I think schools like BU will have a tough time recruiting top talent without
> TV coverage.

That's a great comment, Jay!

On last evening's WZON-radio Coaches Show, Grant Standbrook (Maine Head
Coach this week) commented on this.  I heard him say (approximately!)..

    When I talk to recruits, they know HOCKEY EAST and they know the
    Maine program and players.  This is because of HOCKEY EAST games
    on the satellite.  With NESN apparently dropping HOCKEY EAST
    games, HOCKEY EAST and college hockey will become less visible.

One doesn't have to think about this long before realizing the fan and
player base could be eroded.

Yours in college hockey,

Wayne T. Smith                 mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group -- CAPS          University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey mailing lists