From:
matthew sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
matthew sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 18:16:12 -0600
>I wonder if the list of participants is only from the championship game
>itself as opposed to the whole tournament. I notice Adam Oates listed
>for RPI from the 84-85 national championship team. But in the semi-finals
>RPI had to go into several overtimes to beat an excellent
>Minnesota-Duluth team with a feisty freshman forward by the name
>of Brett Hull. If my memory serves me correctly, the Hobey winner that
>year was from UMD also.Yet,strangely enough, no UMD players appear on the
>list.

 Thanks for the support,  I think that UMD deserved a few nominations.  By
the way the Hobey Baker winner in 84-85 was Tom Kervers.

Here are my votes:
1)Tony Hurkac UND
2)Ed Belfour UND
3)Paul Karaya Maine
4)Brett Hull UMD
5)Adam Oats RPI
6)Chris Chelios

I also have a couple of questions:  Was that RPI-v-UMD at Grand Forks?  I
went to the finals but I was too young to remember who played. Did Henery
Bousha(spelling???)  play for the Gophers or did he jump right to the
North Stars?
Thank you
Matt Sullivan

  * Matthew R. Sullivan               | E-mail:[log in to unmask]       *
  * University of Minnesota at Duluth | Tel#:218-525-9366               *
  * School of Business and Economics  | Address: 5303 E. Superior St    *
  *                                   | Duluth, MN 55804                *
  * LONG LIVE CHICO'S                 |                                 *