From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 1995 14:35:38 -0400
Lance Parsons writes:
>        There has been a lot of talk about RPI, the academic index,
>and the choice to stay in the ECAC rather than move to HE.  While the
>academic strength of a league's constiutent schools might not affect
>the hockey recruitment at RPI, it DOES affect the rest of the class.
>RPI likes to be assoiciated with Harvard, Yale, Cornell, etc.
>Remember, RPI is first an academic instution and secondly a hockey
>school.

I'm hoping you didn't mean to imply that this is not the case in
HE...although if so, I'm not sure why you would say it and the
following.

>I think that that was also a maor factor in the decision to stay with
>the ECAC and I agree with the decision.

- mike (attended RPI and three HE schools, four if you count a summer
course at Lowell)
***** Unofficial Merrimack Hockey home page under construction at:  *****
***** http://www.tiac.net/users/machnik/MChockey/MChockey.html      *****
** Send comments/suggestions to: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] **