ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 16:20:28 -0500
Danny's post, (and we'd all like to know where he's been all this time!)
should show us that we are all not as benign and kind up here as I hear from
the fans.  Why would anyone scream that at someone they didn't know, just
'cause they're from BU?!?

For pity's sake, folks, let's not dish out the obscenity we encounter down
there!!  Let's give 'em he__, sure, but show Maine style and class, not BU
crass!!!!

AND, as for Coach, I call him a "force of nature", because the best you can
do is enjoy the sun shine, and weather the storms!!  The only other person on
the face of this earth (excluding my folks) that I have learned more from
being around would be my husband.  Shawn has the rare personality that, when
you come in contact with him, you either venerate or despise him, but you
will never have peace.  I happen to love the guy, and I also see him very
clearly!!  I hope he counts Jack & I the same.

No, I do not feel he should shoulder the blame for the sanctions.  I believe
we all should, then get it behind us.  It's like we have been a sword being
tempered by fire, with all the soot blackening the gleam of steel.  Now all
that dirt is being wiped away, and the weapon is shining in our hands once
more.  I look at the Banquet, which would normally be considered the end of
something, as truly the focal point of renewal, in the best sense of the
word.  I can't wait for next season!!

Though I will miss you, Danny........;-}

Cathy Hart