From:
"Paula C. Weston" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paula C. Weston
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 11:11:02 -0500
At 05:00 AM 1/22/97 -0500,
>Date:    Tue, 21 Jan 1997 09:39:54 -0600
>From:    "Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Question on Miami
>Tom Rowe wrote:
>It was likely posted and I deleted it, but I really don't recall seeing
>anything posted on Miami's two losses this last week.  I had them up to
>4th in my poll and rising - what happened?  Was there a reason for these
>losses or was it just one of those things?  I suppose that will be at
>least partially answered at Michigan this weekend, but I was wondering.

Tom, you can read a couple of comments about the games from Miami head coach
Mark Mazzoleni in this week's CCHA preview at U.S. College Hockey Online.

>Eric Carlson wrote:
>Miami has played at a peak almost all season and in some respects have
>not been taken seriously until now.  Lord and Prior have been tremendous
>in the nets and the team has demonstrated very little weakness in any
>area.

Miami has is finally getting the respect it deserves from other coaches;
believe me, they take Miami very seriously, and should.

>If they can come through this stretch solidly, they will be a well
>tested and well prepared team for postseason play.  Don't count them
>out, but they may have peaked.

They haven't peaked.  It was a one-weekend slump.

Even so, if they lose both games to Michigan--something which any team in
college hockey is capable of doing--no one should write Miami's obituary as
a result.

They are for real.

Paula C. Weston
Girl Reporter