From:
"Todd D. Milewski" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd D. Milewski
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 00:13:35 -0500
I've been wondering lately whether or not a goalie has ever won the Hobey
Baker award.  Does anyone know?  Are they even considered for the award?

The reason for my wondering is that I was thinking that UW goalie Kirk
Daubenspeck might be a candidate next season if one of the things that is
considered is value to the team.  I think it's pretty obvious that Wisconsin
would have been lucky to get to 12 wins, and most certainly would have bowed
out of the playoffs in the first round last season if it weren't for Dauber
standing on his head every night.

Sure, his stats aren't that great, but I believe there are some things you
have to look at before stats; value being one of those.

Thanks,

Todd D. Milewski   [log in to unmask]
"When you say Wisconsin, You've said it all!"

P.S. I'm thinking of starting a campaign to lobby for Dauber being
considered as a candidate for the Hobey.  Anyone want to help? :)