From:
"Jason W. Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason W. Roy
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 14:21:22 -0600
Jason Roy wrote:
> >----also I would like to appluad the WCHA officiating for the Final Five----
> >-I've been very critical of the officiating this year, but they did a
> >heck of a job for the Final Five......they let the teams decide the
> >outcome.....wow, what a concept........hopefully this continues next
> >year......MSC-did a great job also with the Final Five.......

>Kevin L Ames wrote:
> I disagree, it seems as if they missed alot of calls.
> These calls they missed were not no calls, but blown calls.  Like gophers
> holding onto badgers ankles, pucks being blown dead even tho no one had
> possession, slashing behind the play, etc.   My biggest complaint is how the
> referees handled the players who were no longer in the play.  The let them
> slash and kick and hold and punch, but no calls.
> The WCHA needs to revamp its referees... many do not get the job done.  I
> have seen better referees at the high school level.
---

  GIVE ME A BREAK, Are you asking for more penalties? I'm sure a
directive from the league came down to the officials for the FINAL
FIVE.....................L E T    E'M    P L A Y...............
---This is something that the officials haven't let the teams do all
season......I think that the officiating during the season--sucked!!!!
On the otherhand the officiating at the FINAL FIVE- was how it should be
done all year....   A few mistakes were made (-holding call against Wisc.
with about 5 minutes left in a 5-4 game vs. CC, this call should have
been let go), but on a whole this was a heck of a job by the WCHA
Officials.....--Guess what, the teams decided the outcome of the FINAL
FIVE, not the refs.....Isn't that how it should be?.......Hey, I'm all
for calling those attempt to injure and retalitory penalties, but the
little hook behind the play------if called--slows the game down.....If
the hook or push, prevents a goal---call it..if not- let it go......

--This is Hockey, Ill say it again this is HOCKEY
-----It's not Ballet or Basketball........ If you like whistle's watch some
Basketball instead.......or the wcha during the regular season.....

"L E T    E'M    P L A Y"    (Don Cherry)
---and hopefully the WCHA new slogan for their Officials---

------CC is a very average team 5 on 5, but give them the man advantage
and watch out----It looks like this years Penguins power play...awesome...

Jason Roy
University of Manitoba