From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward N. Moller
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 17:05:02 -0800
I write to dispel a myth.  There is plenty of parking at BU.

Sean Pickett originally wrote:
> Actually, I'm not all that fond of Walter Brown.  It has the worst parking
> problems of any Hockey East facility, being orders of magnitude worse than
most
> others.

In fact, BU has two parking lots on either side of West Campus.  The more
popular lot, on Babcock Street across from the rink, is usually full by
6:45.  The other lot is inside the Commonwealth Armory.  It is HUGE, and is
never more than 25% full.  It's used primarily for student daytime parking
and football games.  Many hockey season ticket holders that I have spoken to
about this year don't even know about it.  Turn onto Harry Agannis Way
(formerly known as Gaffney Street), and take your first right, across from
McDonald's, into the armory.  There is also a back entrance through Buick
Street.

Dave Hendrickson wrote:
>My primary parking criteria are:
>
>1) Am I guaranteed to find *something*?
>2) Is it free?
>distant 3rd) Is it convenient?  (i.e. long walk, quick to get out)

Given the fact that BU is an urban campus, and parking anywhere in Boston is
precious, the Commonwealth Armory lot is a gold mine.  It's big, it's free,
and it's only three blocks from Walter Brown arena.  The traffic flow
exiting through Buick Street is much faster than on Babcock Street.  It is
actually the best parking situation of the four Beanpot campuses.
Edward N. Moller
Go BU
Jerry lives