From:
"Jason W. Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason W. Roy
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 1996 20:21:16 -0600
On Fri, 1 Mar 1996, John R. Nash wrote:

> As for the WCHA, I think there will likely be little argument that the
> award would go to the pairing of Buzz Christiansen and Bob Ames, who showed
> off their creative officiating talents in last week's Badger sweep over the
> Gophers.  Fortunately, I felt that the lousy calls evened out over the
> series. Asked to pick one for the award, I have to go with Brutal Bob (as
> he is known by thousands of fans...).

My vote for the worst WCHA ref goes to KREIGER......
--who I think was recently let go by the league---can anyone confirm?...

His worst pair of games would have to have been the MTU at UMD series
in October/November---- 5 on 3 in Overtime + he gave a Tech player a
fighting DQ that was later waived by the WCHA commisioner because he
didn't throw one punch.

I think he was then paired with Sheppard, (wcha's best ref) so he could
maybe learn a thing or two---didn't help...

Jason Roy
University of Manitoba
Goooo Tech!!!!!!