From:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 1996 09:07:00 CDT
On 4/27/96, Erik wrote:
>Terry-

>What's the point of blasting Coach Woog, weeks after the fact?  Seems like
>we thrashed this all out right after it happened.  He doesn't read HOCKEY-L,
>anyway.

>It hasn't been all that long since the Badgers had their little trouble in
>Albany.  Maybe it's time to bring that up, too, and call a few people jerks.

>-- Erik

Erik, the only reason I brought it up now was that I just read about it now.
And you are correct about the Badgers performance in Albany.  I was
embarrassed for our school, college hockey in general, and still am to this
day.  I was just as happy as anyone when Zent, Shier, and the rest of the
thugs (jerks) left the team, or graduated.   Wisconsin has had a tough time
getting some credability back.  Fortunatly, the good Wisconsin name is coming
back.  Hopefully, so is the good Wisconsin team!

Anyway, as I said, I am not bashing the Gophers or their fans at all.  I am
just disgusted with Woog's actions, and similar actions by supposed "sports
hero's", which do nothing but tarnish the image of sports in general, and
basketball specifically.  It's bad enough that immature players act that
way, but for a coach to behave in that manner is terrible.  That kind of
behavior is not needed in college hockey, and it really irked me that he
blamed the Wisconsin fans for intigating his behaviors.

I even agree with Woog, and others, that the officiating in that game stunk,
and the goal that was waved off, should have counted.  But he won, isn't that
enough?   And, granted, I was a little wound up when I posted, and I
apologize if I offended any Gopher fans.  But I stand by my remarks.

Take care,

Terry E. Tuschen Jr.

University of Wisconsin-Madison                   WISCONSIN BADGERS
Space Science and Engineering            NCAA DIV. 1 Mens Ice Hockey Champions
McIDAS Archive                            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 1997?
(608) 265-5577                                      ON WISCONSIN!
[log in to unmask]                           "A great day for hockey!"