From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 03:32:24 EDT
-- [ From: Adam Wodon * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

> There are two type of SUNY schools -- the state
> universities (Albany, Buffalo, Stony Brook, and
> Binghamton) are large, research institutions; the state
> colleges, also in the SUNY system (Oswego, Plattsburgh,
> Buffalo, etc.) are small, liberal arts oriented four-year
> schools.  And yes, there is one of each in Buffalo.  It
> may make sense for the state universities to go division
> I.  It doesn't make much sense for the state colleges to
> do so.

The University of Buffalo, or UB (known as the Bulls) already plays D-I
in football and basketball, so I'm assuming all of the teams do.
   Buffalo State, known as the Buff. St. Bisons, are Division III and I
can't imagine them changing -- same with Cortland St., Plattsburgh St.,
etc...
   The University of Stony Brook on Long Island has already made the
jump to Division I also.

   As you say, the Universities will make the jump, but the colleges
will/should not.

AW