From:
Scott Spooner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 12:49:16 -0500
>  Steve wrote
>   One more thought on this odd Munn Arena controversy.
>   I'm glad Michigan fans FINALLY care.
>   Used to be, BEFORE MICHIGAN STARTED WINNING, that half
>   the crowd at Yost at a UM-MSU game were Spartan fans.
>   Now, these Johnny-come-lately bandwagon Michigan fans
>   are experts on state-of-the-art hockey facilities.
>   Hey, I like the atmosphere in Yost, too, except for
>   vulgarities (at least they don't throw marshmellows on
>   the ice).
>   I wish Munn was nosier. I think it's held up well for a
>   20-year-old facility.
>   But it's a great facility for a great program at an
>   excellent school. Why on earth trash the facility? Maybe
>   it's just another way for some Michigan fans to trash
>   Michigan State.
>   Are we a little jealous here?
>   If so, I guess it's a backhanded compliment.
>   Steve Klein

Okay, Okay, Okay. Enough already!  I had said I wouldn't resort to this
but here goes.( it might be the equivilent of puting honey on my face
after I stired up the hornets nest) I apoligize. I never said that Munn
wasn't first rate(or MSU for that matter) merely that I didn't like it.
I said that this was probably because of the expectations I had going
into the game. (about the arena) I also said that it was better than
most college facilities. But if you all want to take that as a flame,
then you are welcome to your opinion (as I thought that I was)

Second, When Michigan wasn't winning I was in this little back water
town called Battle Creek (Yes, the one were they make cereal) in High
School worried about what colledge I would be going to and who I would
ask to the prom. So don't call me a Johnny-Come_lately (well I geuss
that is the definition :)) But the reason I started going to the
Michigan games is because it was HOCKEY. The fact that they also started
winning about that time is a happy coincidence. I would be going to the
games if we were 0 for the Ninties. (granted there would be alot less of
us at the games but don't count me amoung them!)

There enough said

Scott Spooner

P.S. All the things people were saying about me, my family my friend et
al. They're all true so you can stop saying them behind my back.