From:
Scott Spooner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 17:23:24 -0500
>   Ralph Baer writes

>   I do remember that people had a tendency to arrive late
>   and also to arrive back to their seats after
>   intermissions late.  So one often could not see several
>   minutes of each period because people had to stand to
>   allow others to get to their seats.  Not only did this
>   inconvenience those in the row with the late-arrivers
>   but those in several rows behind them.

When I first started going to hockey games, I was told that in order to
be polite to the fans around you, you did not go to your seats until a
stopage in play.  This way they did not miss any action and niether
would you.  The people around me would probably say that this is the
only thing I am polite about at a HOCKEY game.  The way I would correct
this problem (and most often do) is to yell and scream at these people.
This way, if they do not start coming to the games on time, they at
least will not want to sit near you anymore.

Scott Spooner

Go Blue!

"It's 101 miles to Chicago. We've got half a pack of cigarettes, a full
tank of gas, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses" --- Elwood Blues

"Hit it!" --- Joliet Jake