From:
Scott Spooner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 11:59:32 -0500
        First of all, this was my first trip to Munn Arena so I will
start there. My impression of the arena itself ws of a small, dungy hole
in the wall.  The lighting was horrible and that probably was the basis
for my decision. The others in my group liked Munn but I had heard it
was like a small version of The Joe. IMO it was not one of the best
arenas I have seen a college hockey game in, but it was certainly not
the worst either.(The Rink at OSU comes to mind)

        Secondly, Where was the student section? Is there one? Most of
the fans seemed to be about 45 and over. I guess that the alums will pay
more to see a game but come on! If it wern't for the students, we would
be playing minor league hockey. The fans however were pretty loud (
Interstate rivalry and all) given the age range. We had standing room
only seats(the only ones MSU deemed fit to give to the U ticket office)
and the fans in front of us finaaly figuered out that if they stood up,
it would be impossible for us to see the game (Iwould have done the same
if I was in their position). Thus I only saw one of MSU's goals but
overall I would say they treated us with respect.

        Last but not least. Anson Carter looked like a god on the ice.
When he was out there, Msu was always capable of scoring. When he was on
the bench, MSU looked average at best. Carter made the Wolverines look
foolish and that their skates were made of Jell-O. After last nights
game I can see why he is being considered for the Hobey.

  Scott Spooner