Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 16:07:11 -0600
Dave Hendrickson wrote:

>I think they would have won the double OT loss to Minnesota and
>gotten to the Final Four.  (I'm not trying to provoke an argument on that
>point, so let's just say they were within a whisker of the Final Four.)

Just to vent my spleen on a grudge that I carry (you don't think I acquired
the nickname Eeyore for nothing, do you?), Lowell only got that close to
the Final Four because of weird seeding.  That anyone could have gotten out
of that regional without having to face either Lake State or Michigan was a
travesty.  And I say that as a fan of Minnesota, the ultimate beneficiary
of that decision.
Those were the two best teams in the country at that point, and the
sequence of events that led to them playing in the quarter-finals exposed
the selection committee at its most worthless.

J. Michael Jackson