From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 1995 05:58:16 -0400
 > Three Hockey East student-athletes were also named recipients of the
> league's Distinguished Scholar Award which is awarded to those
> individuals that earn honor roll status for four consecutive years.
> Boston University's Derek Herlofsky (Minneapolis, MN) and Ken Rausch
> (Danbury, CT), along with Merrimack College's Mark Cornforth
> (Montreal, QUE), each earned Distinguished Scholar Awards.
> Herlofsky (3.22 GPA) and Rausch (3.26) helped Boston University win
> the 1995 NCAA Division I national championship, the Hockey East
> Tournament and the Beanpot title.

Of particular pride for me as a BU fan are the following notes:

* BU has placed a total of 33 players on the HEAHR since it began in
  1989, more than any other school except Merrimack.
* Ken Rausch and Derek Herlosfky are the first two Terriers to be named
  Distinguished Scholars.
* BU is the first school to have two players honored as Distinguished
  Scholars in the same year.
* All three of BU's HEAHR players were key to the team's success in
  winning the Mariucci Classic, Beanpot, Hockey East and NCAA
  Championships

Congratulations to all of the honorees and schools! ---

Sean Pickett
Go Boston University Terriers
1995 NCAA, Hockey East and Beanpot Champions
BU Hockey:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html
E-mail: [log in to unmask]