From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 00:11:24 -0400
You may wish to save this message for future reference.

I have placed the first copies of the 1995-96 DivI team and composite
schedules in the HOCKEY-L archives.  Below are instructions on how to
access those, along with the identifiers to use for each team.  I do
not have all games entered because I have not yet received all
schedules.  I encourage those who can to post any schedules they come
across or mail them to me.  Note that what is currently in the
archives is officially tentative.

Once again, I will be including the games played by *all* Division I
Independents so as to make it a truly complete DivI composite.  These
teams will also have their team schedules included in the archives.
See below for more information.

First, the address for LISTSERV again is [log in to unmask]
Remember to send these requests to LISTSERV and not HOCKEY-L (nor me),
because only LISTSERV can process your commands (usually within minutes).
I would be happy to help anyone with questions, however.

To get a file, you use the command GET <identifier1> <identifier2>.
Most files have two identifiers, such as 9596MCMP SCHEDULE for the
composite schedule.  For team schedules, the first identifier is
always 9596MSCH, for 95-96 Men's Schedule.  The second one goes with
the name of the team, and those identifiers are listed below - for
example, GET 9596MSCH ARMY.  You can also see all this and more by
issuing a GET HOCKEY-L FILELIST command.

Note that since I'm still missing a number of schedules, some teams
will not have complete schedules.  Most teams have at least one game
listed, however.  Because of the way the program that generates the
schedules works, if TeamA's schedule shows a game vs TeamB but I
have not yet received TeamB's schedule, it is still enough to cause
the game to be listed in TeamB's HOCKEY-L archive schedule.

Here are the teams and their identifiers, listed by conference.
LISTSERV is not case sensitive with the identifiers; both "GET
9596MSCH MAINE" and "get 9596msch maine" will work.

CCHA                                   ECAC
Alaska-Fairbanks   AK-FAIR             Brown             BROWN
Bowling Green      BOWL-GRN            Clarkson          CLARKSON
Ferris State       FERRISST            Colgate           COLGATE
Illinois-Chicago   ILL-CHIC            Cornell           CORNELL
Lake Superior      LAKE-SUP            Dartmouth         DARTMTH
Miami              MIAMI               Harvard           HARVARD
Michigan           MICHIGAN            Princeton         PRINCETN
Michigan State     MICH-ST             RPI               RPI
Notre Dame         N-DAME              St Lawrence       ST-LAW
Ohio State         OHIO-ST             Union             UNION
Western Michigan   W-MICH              Vermont           VERMONT
                                       Yale              YALE

HOCKEY EAST                            WCHA
Boston College     BOS-COLL            Alaska-Anchorage  AK-ANCH
Boston University  BOS-UNIV            Colorado College  COL-COLL
Maine              MAINE               Denver            DENVER
Mass Amherst       MASS-AM             Michigan Tech     MICHTECH
Mass Lowell        MASS-LOW            Minnesota         MINNESOT
Merrimack          MERRIMAC            Minnesota-Duluth  MINN-DUL
New Hampshire      NEW-HAMP            North Dakota      N-DAKOTA
Northeastern       N-EASTRN            Northern Michigan N-MICH
Providence         PROV-COL            St Cloud          ST-CLOUD
                                       Wisconsin         WISC

                       DIVISION I INDEPENDENTS
Air Force          AIRFORCE            Fairfield         FAIRFLD
Army               ARMY                Holy Cross        H-CROSS
Canisius           CANISIUS            Iona              IONA
Connecticut        CONN                Villanova         VILLANOV

Please send any corrections, suggestions, questions, praise :-) to me.

If you have a copy of a particular team's schedule, a good way to
verify what I have against it is to just get that schedule rather than
going through the whole composite.  I probably won't send this list
again, rather I'll just send mail every few weeks or so as I update the
composite and team schedules.  Thanks to all who have helped so far!