From:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 16:02:29 EST
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]> quoted Brian Morris and replied:

From: Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
>> The loss at the Knick last spring was a shot to the psyche for most RPI
>> fans. I don't think there were many fans in the 9,000+ at the NC$$'s
>> that harbored any doubts that the Engineers would triumph over New
>> Hampshire.

Jim:
> Well, I know at least *1* fan in attendance who thought otherwise :-)

I'll chime in to agree with Jim. I attended the regionals at the Knick,
and frankly there were a *LOT* of Hockey East fans (most from BU and
UNH, but many others from Lowell and Merrimack.) I don't think that
any of those fans were surprised to see UNH take it to RPI. I think
that Brian is right that it was a shock for the mass of RPI fans in
attendance, but I think that they should have been ready for a tough
game - every HE opponent of UNH knows how tough these guys are.
Dave Carroll - BU '73 - [log in to unmask]