From:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 1994 13:49:25 EST
James Holmes <[log in to unmask]> posted:
> I don't see any reason why a highly recruited young man would go to BU.
> If you can't get into an ivy league school you should at least go to
> BC. I would rather go to a div. III school than go to BU the
> perrenial steakhead goon and little rich kid school.

Wayne has probably already chastised this lad for his lack of civility.
Judging by both his address and the content, I'd say this guy doesn't
have a clue about eastern schools. I transferred from an Ivy league
school to BU. Frankly the quality of education I found at BU beat the
tar out of the other place. Just what is a "steakhead goon"? Does this
poster really think that "little rich kids" don't populate the Ivy
league and BC? What planet is he from anyway?

So does BU suck? Last week I'd have said, "no way", but the goalie
situation is frightening. Since I heard about McKersie's injuries in
the summer, I've been repeating a mantra - I hope nothing happens
to Herlofsky. Well, if it had to happen, its timing was great. I
hope he recovers well before BU goes into the crunch time in '95.
I'm a little unpleasantly surprised that H-Lers both east and west
dropped BU to 6th after a tough weekend with Maine. Two teams couldn't
skate much closer, but BU gets ranked that much below Maine? Well
the next few months will tell. Let's hope our goalie situation holds
up to make it a real contest.
Dave Carroll - BU '73 - [log in to unmask]