From:
Matt Hills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 1994 16:56:00 EDT
Well, maybe now with the Ohio State basketball team left with a total
of four players (the others either in jail, thrown off the team, or
thrown out of school), the pathetic hockey program may finally get
some attention. Mediocrity in Buckeye athletic programs is never
tolerated, and it would be stretching things a bit to call the Bucks
even mediocre! I never have understood why St. John's Arena could not
undergo some type of renovation to allow an ice surface to be placed
in there. With a brand new arena on the near horizon, maybe the Bucks
will have a facility that instead of the laughing stock of collegiate
(club?) hockey, will be the envy of it. If the program gets some mon-
etary support and some exposure in the near future, things could be
on their way up in Columbus. I am not saying that OSU will dominate
the CCHA and trounce those stinking Wolverines (North 'till you smell
it, West 'till you step in it- just a joke- no flames, please!) any-
time soon, but I look for the Buckeyes to move towards respectability
and maybe even become a factor in the CCHA in the next few years. What
do you all think? Go Bucks!!