From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 1994 09:53:54 EDT
Anthony Frolik wrote:
>         I also liked the thought of the votes getting split.  (It was
> brought up by someone else, I don't remember who, sorry)  When Kariya
> won, (I know, I'm treading on thin ice here, but it's only my opinion, so
> no death threats or anything from Maine fans please ;^))  the western
> vote got split between Plante and Johnson, and Kariya took the eastern
> vote.

Well, no death threats here but it did cross my mind.  :-)  To think that
Plante and Johnson split the western vote any more than Kariya and Montgomery
split the eastern vote doesn't make sense.  This is no disrespect to Plante
and Johnson; I picked up both players for my fantasy league NHL team (I've
since dropped Johnson), but Kariya was hands down the best player in college
hockey and Montgomery was perhaps the best combination of leadership and
ability.  I would expect that the voting went 1-2 with Kariya and Montgomery
with Plante and Johnson following.

*****************************************************        ,-******-,
* Dave Hendrickson "Robo" [log in to unmask] *     *'     ##     '*
*        A Hockey Polygamist and Get-A-Lifer        *   *##   ___##___   ##*
* GO BROONS!!!      Go Red Wings!!        Go Leafs! *  *   ##|   ___  \##   *
* GO UMASS-LOWELL!!!    Go Maine!!           Go BU! * *      |  |___)  |     *
* Although I can't remember ever having an original * *      |  |___)  |     *
* thought, and am certainly parroting someone who   *  *   ##|________/##   *
* actually has a brain, these opinions are mine,    *   *##      ##      ##*
* not Hewlett-Packard's.                            *     *,     ##     ,*