From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 1994 15:59:22 -0400

> The rosters for the '94 Olympic Festival are complete and among the many fine
> players are two of North Dakota's top players -- sophomore forward Landon
> Wilson and junior defenseman Nick Naumenko.  The Olympic Festival will be held
> in St. Louis July 1-10.
>
> Wilson was the WCHA Rookie of the Year in 1993-94 and became the first freshman
> to lead the Sioux in scoring since Troy Murray in 1980-81.  Naumenko was the
> fifth-highest vote-getter among defenseman in the All-WCHA voting for 1993-94
> (of course, only four defensemen make the team -- two first-team and two second
> team).  But they are both excellent young players and will need to be key
> factors if North Dakota is to return to the upper regions of the WCHA.

> Michigan Tech's Bob Mancini.  Both coaches can do some early scouting; we open

For what it's worth, in the two games I saw North Dakota (vs NU and vs BU), I
was very impressed with Wilson.  His skills will make him an All-American
candidate (IMHO) in a few years.  The only thing he needed to work on at the
time was his self control.  In a few years (perhaps now), UND will depend on
Wilson, and to be effective, he will have to stay out of the box.

Granted, these were two of his first collegiate games ever, so it just might
have been the adjustment, but *at the time* he needed more self-discipline.

To repeat, however, in both games (vs. NU and vs. BU), he was perhaps the most
skilled individual player on the ice.

Just my useless $.02.

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre