From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1993 00:46:05 EDT
Wednesday, Andre Aubut, Maine's first All-American, died in a Montreal
hospital from complications resulting from a freak hockey accident last
April that left him paralyzed.

Andre led the 1978-82 ice hockey Black Bears from Division II to
Division I play.  I'll fondly and forever remember the way he could spin
away from the fore-check and start the break down ice.  Andre and his
family returned to campus each summer to participate in the annual
Alumni games and to renew team and community friendships.  This summer's
Alumni game was dedicated to Andre, and his family, and raised over
$30,000 to help them.

Andre is survived by his wife Manon and two children.

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]